Baby It's Cold Outside....Let's Go To Hawaii
|The not-so-lovely snow outside of my house.|
Yesterday was beautiful, sunny and warm, giving me a glimpse of the spectacular spring that is sure to come...eventually. However, today has been anything but beautiful, sunny and warm.
After waking up to my phone alerting me of the impending winter storm, I wanted to go straight back to bed and sleep until it was nice again.
Unfortunately that is not how life works and, alas, I had to drag myself out of bed and face the day. After powering through my Insanity workout and making it to the office I decided I was tired of winter and had had enough.
Now if I were the millionaire, lucky lotto jackpot winner that exists only in my dreams, I would have my butt on a plane to Hawaii before the first inch of snow stuck to the ground. However, this is reality, and I am dirt poor. So, in an effort to keep the dream alive I decided the next best thing to going to Hawaii would be to eat as if I were there.
Check out my delicious Hawaiian inspired dinner below and feel free to make it yourself!
Kayla's Healthy Hawaiian Juicy Lucy's
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- Ham slices (chopped up)
- Cheese of your choice (I like mozzarella or provolone)
- Bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- McCormick Grill Mates Sweet and Spicy Rub
- Pineapple Slices (I prefer fresh, but canned works as well)
- Sweet and Sour dipping sauce to drizzle over the finished burger.
|Mix it all up|
2. Make a whole in each patty and fill with ham and cheese.
3. Top with additional patty.
4. Season with Sweet and Spicy Rub.
5. Cook over medium to high heat until thoroughly cooked. **I like to add a splash of water and cover the burgers as they cook to make them extra moist.
6. Bun of your choice (I used a whole wheat English muffin)
|Season, season, season!|
|The Final Product!|