Better Than Pumpkin Spice Cheerio Bites
Alright, I realize that what I chose to name these little nuggets of deliciousness may be a little misleading. There is, in fact, pumpkin spice in the mix....but better.
You see, if I were to type out what they really are--Frozen Coconut Oil Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Pumpkin Spice Cheerio Bites--my fingers would literally revolt in response. So, let's just stick with the shortened version and save my hands and my sanity.
My family has been out of town for the past week and I always try to get rid of all of our fresh food before leaving for that long. So, naturally, we had absolutely zero food in the refrigerator when we got home a few days ago meaning I had to make a dreaded weekend trip to the grocery store. I hate crowds so I was not looking forward to making the trip.
Fortunately, my mood was turned swiftly upright when I caught glimpse of my first sight of fall in the store. Pumpkin Spice Cheerios!
Now, it has been in the 90˚ range since September hit, so I feel like fall is nowhere close to here. But I am going to cling to the goodness of pumpkin spice in any way that I can. So, after church today, I decided to have a little fun in the kitchen and make up my own snack.
I have seen Cheerio bars made before with marshmallow and peanut butter, but I tried my best to make a healthier version for myself. Afterall, if it's healthier you can eat more...right?
Without further ado, here is my "recipe" for these goodies. Keep in mind, when I try new things I rarely take care to actually measure since it is all trial and error. So I am doing my best to estimate the measurements. Feel free to do the same.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup Pumpkin Spice Cheerios
- 1/2 cup PB Fit Powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Pure Refined Coconut Oil
- 3 tbs Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbs Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Parchment Paper
- Place coconut oil in a saucepan on low and allow to melt.
- While coconut oil is melting, in another saucepan heat over low water and PB Fit powder and whisk together until smooth.
- Add Cheerios and mix until they are sticky enough to form into balls. You may need to add more peanut butter powder to do so.
- Form balls on parchment paper and set aside.
- Once coconut oil is completely melted, add cocoa powder and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over Cheerio balls.
- Pop into the freezer to harden.